I don't think I'm supposed to be counting, but I'm just so damn amazed.
Last night I had dinner ready for him when he got home from his 14th meeting (in as many days!). We sat at the table and talked. I tried to eat slowly so that he'd spend more time sitting there with me, sharing and communicating. It felt soooo good.
One of the things we talked about was the spirituality aspect of AA and Alanon. Neither of us are religious, have any particular faith, or even give "God" much thought. But it does seem as though a Power greater than ourselves could restore us. I just have to figure out what this means to me. I know what it doesn't mean. This power is not some man in the sky. This power has no part in vengeance, revenge, hatred, or war (small and large). This power doesn't care if we say certain words, eat certain foods, or pray a certain way.
Somehow, to me, this power is the connection between every person, every plant, every animal on this planet. In a way, this planet with it's rare and unique and incredibly fragile ecosystem, is a Greater Power. It's my opinion that science and physics are much closer to understanding "God" than theologians.
But what do I know.
My brain is starting to hurt. Maybe it'd be easier if God was a big bearded man in the sky.
Okay, I have lots to be grateful for, so here's a little Thursday list:
I am grateful for
1. 14 meetings, 14 days
2. Dinner with my man
3. Rain delay this morning--time to do a load of laundry, eat breakfast and blog (I feel so spoiled!)
4. Warm oatmeal with almonds and dried cranberries
5. Being too poor to have any money invested anywhere!
6. My sweet, furry, uber-cute cat who's bumping her head on my arm while I type
7. Honey Crisp apples from the farm up the street
8. My family and friends (including, of course, my new blogger friends)
9. The Library
10. Having lots to be grateful for!
Resep Cara Membuat Roti Gulung Sosis
2 months ago