Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Faith!


My beloved has 84 days of sobriety. My gratitude is overwhelming. He is the man I have always loved and knew to be, except now he is not hidden by the disease. Slowly, without realizing it, I have gotten comfortable and content with our new life, new pattern, new habits. Our future feels secure and bright like never before and I could not be more pleased. A thousand thank you's a day couldn't express my gratitude to my higher power. And I cannot help but be optimistic about our future. We're finally talking about the possibilities ahead, like buying a home, having a baby, and getting remarried (not necessarily in that order!). I am overjoyed and amazed.
I know we will face hard times ahead; it is inevitable. But I've found prayer and a higher power and I've seen what we can work through.
Miracle of miracles, I have faith.

7 comments:

Abc said...

God bless both of you.

Unknown said...

This is so amazing, aren't the miracles of recovery amazing. I am so glad that I read this post before going to bed. Thank you for your amazing gratitude. Thank you for your blog and I am so glad that your life is in the place it is now!

Love,
G

Shadow said...

that's great. well done to your hubby, he's doing so well. and so are you. your hope and faith is shining through!

Kathy Lynne said...

That's wonderful Molly! Now a word of caution to you both...remember to keep it in today..yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a present. So the stuff like home, family, your future..important and joyful stuff to be sure....are not as important as what happens right now. But I am sure you know that...and I know what that pink cloud feels like because I'm still on it too and my plan is not to get off:)

Your husband is very lucky to have you as a part of his journey. That is what I miss...I'd love for my husband to share this experience with me but he is not interested. Happy he has a sober wife to be sure...but not interested in changing his....YET.

Wait. What? said...

Yayyyyyy!!! Molls what great news and your post is oozing peaceful happiness from it - I am glad I came by and got a taste of your mood for today. I can only hope some of this rubs off on me!

Have a great day!

Cat

Syd said...

I'm glad for you. Faith is a great thing.

J-Online said...

Sounds like a wonderful start to a new life. It only gets better.